Please Scroll to the bottom of this page to find materials for:
CPS Restraint Systems on School Buses
- The CPS Board has a streamlined way to get your ideas and suggestions to be sure everyone’s comments and ideas are collected. Please click HERE to provide feedback and/or to ask questions. Thank you!
Materials Feedback Form
Curriculum Instructor Updates
Current Tech + Instructor Curriculum
The overall goals for the National Child Passenger Safety Certification Training Program are to:
- Provide CPS Technicians with the technical skills and knowledge to correctly use and install car seats, booster seats and seat belts.
- Equip Technicians to educate caregivers on how to properly select, use and install car seats and booster seats, and to know when to transition children to seat belts once booster seats are outgrown.
- Certify Technicians as valuable resources in communities throughout the country.
Tens of thousands of individuals have been certified as CPS Technicians and Technician Instructors since the certification program began in 1998. CPS Technicians put their knowledge and hard work to use teaching parents and caregivers how to properly protect their children in motor vehicles and provide “hands-on” assistance to properly use and install car seats, booster seats and seat belts.
CPS Technician Curriculum
For the CPS Technician Guide (TG) click here.
CPS certification workshops are conducted and taught using a nationally standardized curriculum. The curriculum is developed and updated through input from:
- Individual CPS Technicians and Instructors
- National, state and local CPS programs
- Federal and state government agencies
- Child restraint and vehicle manufacturers
CPS Instructor Curriculum
If you are a CPS Instructor, please login through your Safe Kids CPS Certification account to access the Instructor Curriculum and related downloads.
This private Instructor page (requiring Safe Kids CPS Certification login) is where you can also find all materials for the:
National Child Passenger Safety Certification Renewal Course
Child Passenger Safety Instructor Development Course
*Starting September 1, 2015, CPSTs that complete this course are eligible to teach the Child Passenger Safety Restraint Systems on School Buses National Training. CPSTs that serve as Instructors should contact Secretariat@cpsboard.org for more information to submit participant names so that this training is reflected in CPST certification profiles.